Monday, May 19, 2008

Hey Fam!

Hey family! Well time just flies by so fast, Its crazy! This morning we invited a bunch of members to play soccer with us at this gymnasium (mom said that my spelling is horrible and I have no clue how to spell gymnasium).It was good. We played for 2 hours. Its great to do something physical every once in a while. Soccer here with the members is like church ball in the US. Everyone gets really competitive and every once in a while tempers get going. Sometimes it is hard not to get involved, especially because I am so competitive. But anyways, it was good. This week was good. Bishop Flavio hás been talking to us about doing some activities during the week, but the hard part about it is taht the chapel is so far away from the members that nobody góes at night because it is a little dangerous tôo to walk at night after the activities, so I was thinking, “If we could find a place to have these activities close to the members, it would be perfect.” Well, Tuesday my prayers were answered. We were walking one day and we went to a street that I had never walked down before and I told my companion, “Pay attention because I’m gonna do the “contacto of the elect”. So I knocked on the door (well clapped at the door), and a lady answered and I asked “Does an elect live her? We want to share a message with na elect!” Well, she wasnt elect and was from another church and didnt want to here anything, but I asked her if she knew another person on the street that would like to here a message, and being the good neighbor that all of us should be she sent us away to talk to here neighbors. Well we got there and talked to a lady named Maria das Graças. Well, we talked and she had already had the missionaries over about a year ago but never went to churhc because they were sôo busy. Well now things are better and she said that she will go to church. We talked a little more and she said they had a big room that they donated to organizations to do activites. It is just perfect. So we talked and this Friday we will have na activity there in the big room that they have beside their house. I am excited because it will be a way to get this family involved in the church and with the members tôo. They didnt go to church this week because she went and visited her parents but this Sunday everything is a go. Another thing taht happened this week was we taught a girl named Dayse. Well, she is 14 and she is friends with a member of the church. She hás already gone to church but her dad prohibited here to go to church. Well, one day I thought, “I gotta try, if I dont try I wil never know.” So we went and talked to her dad. We talked a while and we got his confidence. The we invited the family to hear a message and the dad was a little reuctant but accepted. The mom was really busy but was listening. Well, WE taught the lesson and this Dad that wouldnt let his daghter go to church, that didnt want to talk to the Mórmon missionaries, now offers us juice and and food and cookies and all sorts of stuff. Sunday the bus broke and so everyone was going to go to church walking and her parents wouldnt let her go walkng because it is far. Well, we talked to a member and hecame with his truck and took a bunch of people to church. Well, her mom said taht she still couldnt go, but her dad said “just go!” The holy ghost really can soften peoples hearts. Well I could sit here all day telling stories of just this week. IT was a good week. Elder Da Costa is learning fast and is a great guy. He wants to learn and do whats right. Its good to see good misisonaries like this coming here because these next 2 transfers here, 30 missionaries are going home and 10 are coming. Of these 30, 14 or 15 are or were zone leaders, 4 assistants, and pretty much all the leaders of the mission are in these next 2 groups to go home so it is good to see good missionares coming here. Well fam, I love you and hope all is well. Keep me updated on everything and write me about whats going on there.
I love you all. Elder Crosby

1 comment:

Nick & Kristen said...

Yeah! I heard from Lisa Crosby! What a pleasant surprise to see a comment from my little Lisa! I don't have your number or email, so EMAIL me when ya can!!! I would love to catch up with ya gal!
smithnk2@hotmail.com