Friday, January 15, 2010

Tagged, too....

Tami's & Lisa's posts were so cute and well done, with alot of thought put into them, with pictures, etc, that mine is almost embarrassing. I wrote these last Sunday and put them in my journal and wasn't going to post them, but here goes....

10 Things that make me happy--

1-My husband! He is so good to me! For our whole married life, I've been able to be a 'stay at home mom' and have gotten very spoiled because of it, hence the reason I'm still not working and have no more kids at home! He also will eat about anything I put on his plate and not complain, how can a wife beat that!
2-My Children! What joy and happiness they bring into my life. Now I have 6 more to love and best of all---I get grand babies!!! I will never understand how they all turned out to be so wonderful and good!
3-My testimony! It brings me such comfort and peace knowing that I have a Heavenly Father that knows me, loves me and has a plan for me to return to Him. He has restored his gospel back to the earth and I can't imagine how my life would've turned out without being raised knowing this to be true!
4- My home! I love living in Eagar, in a house my husband built for our family. Best of all, its paid for and LaVerl is making us more self-sufficient with our cow, chickens, well, and now solar and wind power!
5- My health! I've always taken for granted that I never get sick and that I just seem to always wake up feeling good!
6- A rainy or snowy day makes me happy. Rain reminds me of Tillamook, my home town, where it rained almost everyday! It also means I can stay home and relax!
7- A clean house! I don't like clutter or dust or dirty dishes left undone. However, I'm not a fanatic or a 'germaphobe', and what I can't see doesn't bother me to much.
8-Cooking for others! I love to feed my family and have people enjoy good home cooked meals.
9- My parents! I'm so happy to still have them and for them teaching me my good values.
I thank them for a wonderful childhood and for all they did and still do for me!
10- Chocolate! Its last on my list, but it did make the top 10! Any kind makes me happy--dark, milk, bars, chips, candy, hot fudge, hot chocolate, chocolate ice cream, Lenna's truffles, Extreme chocolate blizzards at DQ, etc. etc.

Now- 10 Honest things about myself-- This was harder because sometimes we don't want others to know our secrets!

1- I'm going deaf! Its true. I can't hear alot of what people say to me. I like to watch all my movies with the subtitles! Drives my kids crazy, except Chad, he likes them too!
2- I'm always on a diet! My cookbook has all kinds of diets in the back and I've tried them all.
Refer back to #10 on happy list!
3- I'm cheap! I can't stand to pay full price for anything. Name brand doesn't mean a whole lot to me.
4- I'm a hoarder and hider! (Tami must get this from me!) I stash away stuff for later and them most of the time, can't find it. For instance, our neighbors gave us 2 1lb chocolate bars for Christmas. I've eaten most of them because I've hidden them and LaVerl doesn't know where! I bottle jars of pears, peaches, applesauce, etc. and then they stay on my pantry shelves looking pretty! Saving them, of course!
5- I'm basically very lazy and a time waster! I can 'piddle' away a whole day and wonder what I did!
6- I love to read fiction and romance novels! It's a curse, I've had to stop! Refer back to #5
7- I love to eat! I love fast food, I love nice restaurants, I love junk, I love ice cream, etc.
Refer back to #2
8- I'm hooked on Sci-fi shows! I like fantasy and superman and vampires! I love my new DVR, now I don't have to miss to many of them!
9- I've always been self-conscious of my big, ugly false tooth and my short, fat, cut off finger! I try not to be vain and let it bother me to much, but sometimes it does.
10- I cry easily. It can be while I'm singing in the choir, hearing someone else sing, saying my prayers, reading a touching story, or watching TV, or if I get my feelings hurt, etc. It doesn't take much and the tears start to flow!

Now that that's done, I tag Kari and Dad!

6 comments:

Mark said...

You're the best mommy! I love you so much, thanks for sharing with us

Bret said...

Ah Mom you are seriously the best.Loved the post. Us kids turned out so well (especially me ;) because of you silly!

Kari said...

I'm glad you decided to post. You really are the best and I love you!

Lisa said...

Mother I love you I love you I do!

MOM I too can piddle a whole day away! The other day I looked up and said "holy cow when did it get dark?" seriously! I can waste time with the best of them. I don't feel as bad when I have worked out read scriptures etc.

Thanks for your sweet thoughts.

Tami said...

Haha I loved them! I am very much like my mommy. I'm glad you took on the challenge!
I think you are just great! Love you.

Bret said...

Hmmm, where is Reed? Hey brother are you out there? Don't you love Mom? ;)