Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I was co-pilot in the front seat of the AH-1W Cobra today!! This is the marines attack helicopter - really cool! It was my first time in this type of helo. I had the controls for a good amount of time as we followed the Mississippi to downtown, where we landed at the helo pad right next to the superdome. The Major I flew with then gave me a narrated tour as we flew over all the sights of New Orleans. We also did some approaches and landings and takeoffs and even saw a 12 foot gator during a low-level portion of the flight. We decided not to drop a bomb on him. Sure beats seeing patients in clinic all day long.

5 comments:

Shelley said...

WOW!! That is pretty amazing, our Dr./the pilot!! You are so adventurous, I'm glad you get to do a few exciting things once in awhile!

Lisa said...

That. is. awesome.

Bret said...

Dude that is super bitchin'. I don't think I'm allowed to say that, but that was the only thing that came to mind.

Mark said...

Bret, you made me laugh brotha, love ya

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.