So...as a surprise to many (purposely done, so if you didn't know Holly was pregnant, don't feel left out, cause not many people knew) we had child #4 on Tuesday (so no, he won't be getting monthly personalized photo shoots and posts aka Rivers or Blake). Yes, she was pregnant when we visited Arizona for Thanksgiving. It sounds like the baggy clothes and the slightly bigger-than-usual belly, made some females (no males, Bret and Reed were clueless) a little suspicious. It was fun keeping it mostly a surprise; I'm glad mom was okay with it. I think she kind of knew. She asked me the other day on the phone, "Is there anything I should know about?" That was a weird question to ask, and yes, I lied to my mother and said NO. Holly had an OB appt at 11:15, he thought it wise to admit her and not risk not being able to make it to the hospital in time to deliver in case her water broke. At noon he broke her water and 2 hours later we had a perfect baby boy. One active push and he fell out. Holly is a machine. She had no pitocin and no epidural. His name is Bolden. Where did that come from? From my head. It has no significance other than we both like it, it's not on the Social Security top 1000 list for any year (a requirement for all our kids) and Holly likes that it fits "a pattern" of our boys having 6 letters and ending in N (Kaemon and Zallen), (I'm so glad that happened to work out). His middle name is Leo. Kaemon's middle name is from Gpa Crosby, Zallen's is from Pompa and Bolden's is from Holly's Grandpa Huish, Leo Rae Huish, who sealed us 7 years ago in the AZ temple. Milea was a little sad it wasn't a girl. But I'm sure as she partakes of the massive spoilage throughout her life due to being Daddy's (and Papop and Grammy's) only princess, she'll get over it. Everyone is healthy and happy. I'm a little sad my countdown to freedom clock just got reset (again) from 16 back to 18 years, but that's okay.
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Bolden Leo Crosby
So...as a surprise to many (purposely done, so if you didn't know Holly was pregnant, don't feel left out, cause not many people knew) we had child #4 on Tuesday (so no, he won't be getting monthly personalized photo shoots and posts aka Rivers or Blake). Yes, she was pregnant when we visited Arizona for Thanksgiving. It sounds like the baggy clothes and the slightly bigger-than-usual belly, made some females (no males, Bret and Reed were clueless) a little suspicious. It was fun keeping it mostly a surprise; I'm glad mom was okay with it. I think she kind of knew. She asked me the other day on the phone, "Is there anything I should know about?" That was a weird question to ask, and yes, I lied to my mother and said NO. Holly had an OB appt at 11:15, he thought it wise to admit her and not risk not being able to make it to the hospital in time to deliver in case her water broke. At noon he broke her water and 2 hours later we had a perfect baby boy. One active push and he fell out. Holly is a machine. She had no pitocin and no epidural. His name is Bolden. Where did that come from? From my head. It has no significance other than we both like it, it's not on the Social Security top 1000 list for any year (a requirement for all our kids) and Holly likes that it fits "a pattern" of our boys having 6 letters and ending in N (Kaemon and Zallen), (I'm so glad that happened to work out). His middle name is Leo. Kaemon's middle name is from Gpa Crosby, Zallen's is from Pompa and Bolden's is from Holly's Grandpa Huish, Leo Rae Huish, who sealed us 7 years ago in the AZ temple. Milea was a little sad it wasn't a girl. But I'm sure as she partakes of the massive spoilage throughout her life due to being Daddy's (and Papop and Grammy's) only princess, she'll get over it. Everyone is healthy and happy. I'm a little sad my countdown to freedom clock just got reset (again) from 16 back to 18 years, but that's okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I still can't believe that you have FOUR kids! So exciting! Baby Bolden is adorable, as are all your kids. I love the picture of Zallen laying in the bassinet with Bolden. Precious. I'm sure by the time I get to baby #4 I won't be doing monthly updates anymore either:) Soooo excited to see you all in July! PS Holly, it's not fair how gorgeous you look after just giving birth:)
Just wanted to clarify something... this email was sent to a certain email address that just so happens to be identical to Mark's from an email address that just so happens to be mine on January 18, 2011:
I know your secret... don't worry, the government trusts me with its secrets too...
Kirk
Congrats to you all and best wishes to Bolden, and better luck next time you try to fool me.
Yay!! I had a sudden burst of joy and excitement on Wednesday when I opened my photo message from Mark with a little photo of my new sweet nephew. SURPRISE!!
I was one of the suspicious ones. The night before Bolden was born I was talking to Barry and said "well if Holly is pregnant she should be due any day now." Did I call it or what? haahaa. I was still unsure so the uncertainty made it more exciting.
I love his whole name. Leo is awesome.
Holly you look stunningly beautiful BTW. You are a rock star! You are so good at having babies!!
Give baby Bolden kisses from his Aunt Lisa!! Miss you all! love ya
This is all so bizarre. First, no one knows Holly is pregnant then all of a sudden I get a text message breaking the news. Then I see that Mark stole Santa's sleigh, painted it white, and pushed Holly home in it with all the gear where the toys are supposed to be. I don't know what to believe anymore. I think you guys are in the North Pole and that baby was made by elves.
Sorry I haven't commented until now, but we were at Roosevelt (no internet) then I had a BIG catering job. However-- this Gma (and Gpa) are soo excited to have a new grandson! How can I get mad now that he is here, healthy and no worrying!! Holly, you are a beautiful mother and and baby making machine!! Good job! We are anxiously awaiting seeing you all and new baby Bolden in a couple of days!! Beware- from now on you will be asked the question- "Are you pregnant?" if I notice the least little pouch in your tummy!!
Natali still cannot believe that Mark would do something like this. Everyone that knows Mark well knows that he loves doing things like this. I think he gets some twisted pleasure out of knowing things that others don't. Anyway, it took about 15 minutes for the news to settle in for me and all I can say is he sure picked a great day to come!
Congrats again Mark and Holly! Yes, Holly you are a pro! Good job. You make beautiful babies. I've been telling people about Mark's stunt and they just cannot believe someone would do that. I think it's awesome and hilarious. Can't wait to meet the little guy!
Post a Comment