Sunday, February 16, 2014

The rest of the weekend...(part two)

I forgot to post about the rest of the time we were in Mesa last week. After we blessed Ivory on Sunday we stayed until Wed. so we could go to the Gilbert Temple open house. We wanted to spend some time with my folks and our kids that are there. Monday was fun, we met up with Lisa at Red Robin for lunch and then she helped me get a Family Home Evening lesson ready for Bret's family. 


 On Sat. we all went over to Mark & Holly's condo to see all the work they've been doing on their place. New flooring, new carpet,  new appliances, and new paint really make a difference. They stay there when they come to Mesa to visit.
 Gpa and Tami's baby, Colter. Such a cute picture, I
had to put it in!!
 Mark's family 
LaVerl & I went to the Mesa Temple on Tues. It's still 
a beautiful temple even though it older. 

Wed. morning, Sherry & Curt went with us to the new Gilbert Temple open house. Wow, what a beautiful place! The designers used the 'agave' plant as the theme in the decorating. They are in the stained glass, the light fixtures, the woodwork, everywhere. If I hadn't been told to look, I wouldn't have noticed, but I think its neat how they incorporate scenes from the area into the temple design. I was so happy my brother Curt came with us!



 So glad my folks are doing so well!
 This fountain was really unique



 Mom & I made breakfast for everyone, she's still a whiz in the kitchen


We went over to see J'net & Bryan. They gave
us lots of oranges, and some broccoli and sweet
potatoes from their garden.

My brother gave us lots of lemons too. His
tree had so many, it broke a big branch off.

So that was a recap of the great time we had in Mesa. Its great having Mark's family in El Paso so they can come to events. It was wonderful to spend some time with Mom & Dad, and my sister and brother. Also with our kids that are there, Bret's family & Lisa and Barry. Its always fun when we can spend time together.

No comments: