Wednesday, September 30, 2020

FALL HAS ARRIVED!

We've been wanting to go up to see the colors on the mountain, so today we did. We drove to the trailhead to the Escudilla Lookout and started walking. We met a guy coming down with his dog and he told us the hike is 3.2 miles one way. The first part of the trail was a pretty gradual climb, but it got harder. I'm out of shape and overweight, but I did it, all the way to the highest point on Escudilla Mountain. 

We saw fantastic panoramic views from on top and all the aspens were beautiful yellows and oranges.

Starting out, the trail was great!


See the tower, way in the distance? That was where we were hiking to.


We could see a fire down on the Blue from up high where we were!

Finally made it to the top! 10,700 feet! I was one tired hiker!

The Lookout tower was all fenced off, it would have been fun to climb to the top and see the view from there!

Coming down was a lot faster and easier, but hard on my knees and hip!


Heading home after about 5 hours on the trail.
It really was great to see the Fall colors. We met people on the trail that said this trail was on their "bucket list" of trails to hike. So I'm glad that after living here for 35+ years, we finally did it!

No comments: