For February being such a short month, we managed to get a few more things in. After the kids left Sunday afternoon I had to get all packed up to head to Mesa to watch Lisa's kids for the day. She got invited to a really special friends birthday celebration and really wanted to go. I had my audiology hearing appointment in Show Low at 1:00pm on Monday, so I just continued on to Mesa afterwards and got there about 6:30pm. I watched Landon and Lucy until after 3 when she got home. She had fun and really needed a break.
Landon and Lucy both had fun at the park close by. We had a little picnic lunch.



I then drove back home Tuesday evening, and Wed. morning LaVerl and I left again! He had a load of Big batteries to take to the recycling place, about 2800 lbs!!! They paid him 20 cents a pound, so he came out good! Going down Main Street we had to stop for the 3 deer crossing the road!

After dropping off the batteries, we headed to Yuma, we both had dentists
appointments Thursday morning at 9am in Los Algadonas, Mexico.

After our appointments, (LaVerl had to have a root canal and a crown and I just needed a crown), while our mouths were still numb, we went to El Charro for some great Mexican food. Yummy!!
Yuma has grown so much in the 50 years since LaVerl left, he hardly knew his way around anymore. He did find the house he grew up in!Going back to the dentist the next day was fast and painless. She just put on our crowns and we were done. We were on our way home by 11am. We thought it would be fun to stop and see Barry's Recycling plant that is located out by Dateland. He has quite the operation out there, lots of BIG equipment and lots of money invested! He told us that they were working on some equipment that was down so it really wasn't set up and working like it usually is.
This is piles of the product (recycled aluminum) they get that they recycle again to get more product out that their suppliers then buy back.
This conveyor separates two different products.Just recently they drilled a well that runs off of this big generator and pumps water into a huge pond they also had to dig. This area is filled with water and somehow separates the salt out.
Another large building they put up.
I didn't even get all the buildings, but Barry and two other partners have put so much time and money into this new adventure and we sure hope and pray that it will pay off for them. Barry has a 2 1/2 hour drive one way when he goes to work here usually after he has already worked his other job!!
No comments:
Post a Comment