First of all my battery on my little Mac laptop went bad, so I've been without my computer for awhile, so I'm behind on my posts.
We've had a lot going on, so I'll try to catch up. The first week in April LaVerl and I decided we needed to spend a week at our place at Roosevelt to get everything done that needed done! We were hauling our RZR on a trailer, plus it was loaded with lots of other stuff. We left on Monday, April 5th, about 9:30am, but stopped in Show Low to get materials at Home Depot on the way. By 1pm. we were finally headed out of town. About 30 miles out of Show Low, LaVerl says, "Whoa!, something just happened to my steering and brakes!" We luckily found a good pull out about a mile down the road. He figured out that the main serpentine belt had come off because a pulley had frozen up! WE WERE STUCK! and there was no phone service! LaVerl started walking UP the road to try to get cell service on higher ground. He said he walked for a long time before someone finally stopped! A really nice older couple that said they knew Melvin and Wyatt both. Small world! He called Randell who came with a pickup loaded onto his huge backhoe trailer. We used his pickup to haul our trailer and put our truck onto his big trailer and headed back to Show Low. An hour later, they had the broken part back on and after we all ate some dinner, we were back on our way. We got to Roosevelt about 10:30pm!
All I can say it that everyone needs a friend like Randel. He can do it all and is always willing to help! He saved us!!!When we got to Roosevelt, Kirk had been there a couple of hours. He bought a boat and wanted to have LaVerl take it out on the water with him before he took his family, who all came on Friday~
We always have to have S'mores!The weather wasn't real hot yet and the water was still really cold, but we had fun. The boys got in the water and Kirk skied! Elijah insisted it wasn't that cold!!
Leo loved all the snacks!
Gabe loved helping Gpa drive the boat!
Rivers tried wake boarding and was up a couple of times for a few seconds! He was pretty brave getting out in that cold water!
Little Gabriel was great for his first time on a boat!
The 3 boys got the bunk house to themselves! Kirk went into ShowLow on Saturday and bought a new bigger TV and a DVD player! NICE! They plan on using the Lake house more now that they have a boat!
Our good friends, (and livesavers) brought their nice 5th wheel and came on Wednesday to visit us at Roosevelt. They stayed a couple of days. Then on Saturday, I had to go into Mesa to Mom and Dad's so that I could take them to get their second Covid-19 vaccine way out in Phoenix at the State Farm- Cardinal stadium at 8:15am. It took us 45 minutes to drive out there and it was quite a process. We got in one of the 10 lanes, then went through three different checkpoints before we were done. Luckily Mom and Dad didn't have any adverse reaction to the shot! I headed back to Roosevelt about noon. I had to load up some big, nice plants I bought to replace the vines that died last year.






No comments:
Post a Comment