Wednesday, April 23, 2025

Easter--- HE IS RISEN!!

 Our sweet daughter Lisa invited LaVerl and I to spend Easter weekend with their family. Since we were already in Mesa, having flown in from our cruise on Friday and also because it was snowy, cold and windy at home in Eagar, we decided to stay. It's always better to spend the holidays with family, than to be by ourselves. 

Saturday morning started off by going to Landon's baseball game.

Then Bret's invited us to go to Dempsey's volleyball games.



Sunday- Easter morning!

Lilly, Lucy and Landon got amazing Easter baskets!!



Getting ready for church in their new Easter dresses. Lisa fixes their hair so cute.




Then we went over to Bret's for pictures!


Even the dogs poised!!

Kingston got a new (old) car. He wanted a stick shift! He loves it! It's a 2003 Volkswagon Gti (a sporty version of the VW Rabbit) 20th anniversary edition. Only 4000 of them made and he has #1680
Back over to Lisa's and we started cooking. We made deviled eggs  and a cute Easter (carrot) cheese ball. She had put 2 racks of ribs in the oven earlier that morning. 

While I was making rolls, Lucy wanted help putting together a toy puzzle she got in her basket. After much frustration, she (Lisa) got it!

Dinner was delicious! BBQ ribs, yummy potatoes, roasted carrots, rolls, green salad and fresh fruit. 

We had such a great Easter with our kids. It's such a wonderful time to remember ALL that our Lord and Savior did for us. He suffered in Gethsemane for our sins, He gave His life on the cross for us, and He rose on the 3rd day so we could all live again!!  
Here's some comments the kids posted--
Mark said-"I'm so grateful that I know that my Redeemer lives and because He lives, all of us will forever live."
Bret said- "Amen Brother!  I love you all and I love the examples of faith you all offer to me and my kids! They have experienced loss unlike the rest of us and today hits perhaps a little more real for them as we celebrate the resurrection. I know He is risen and I pray and hope my kids know that too. Happy Easter!"
LaVerl said- "This Easter means more to me because of my cancer!  I know whatever happens I will see and be with my family after this life!! This gives me so much comfort knowing this is all possible because of the great love of Heavenly Father and his Beloved Son Jesus Christ--Love you all so much!

No comments: