Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007
Hey family! How is everyone? I didn’t get an email from any of you so I hope all is well! Mom and dad must still be on their cruise I’m guessing and that’s why I haven’t heard from them. How was it? Wow, I’m jealous! No not really, I’m glad I’m where I am right now, but I am excited to go someday. Tell me all about it! How many different kinds of meat did you eat? (I remember that was one of the things Mark was really excited about!), what islands did you go to?, what all did you guys do? I love that you guys still go out and do fun things after 30 years of marriage and you don’t just sit at home and watch tv all day- what a good example you are to your children! I never see husbands and wives show affection, or really even talk to each other here and it seems like all they do when they are together is watch tv and its really sad to me. Anyways, I’m excited to hear about it- oh and pictures would be a plus too!
As for me, this week has been good. We’re still teaching those 2 families, the familia Ruiz and the familia de Ana Silvia, and both are progressing, which is exciting to me. Ana Silvia is the one that has the 9 year old daughter who loves learning about the church and reading in the book of mormon- its crazy! When we were teaching them the first lesson and we were talking about Joseph Smith she was like ‘ya, I read in the book of mormon about this other man named Lehi who talked with god also’. I know when I was 9 years old I probably didn’t know that! They are the cutest kids (one is 9,7, and 2 and then a 17 year old girl) and they just adore us and are so excited every time we come over. The mom isn’t married to the man she’s living with, but I think she’ll continue progressing. Jaime, the dad of the Ruiz family, hasn’t drank since last Sunday! He said ever since the night last week that we asked him to pray about the book of mormon that he did and that he felt peace and strength and that the lord has helped him to not drink. Its amazing because he has tried to stop drinking lots of times, but now he’s actually doing it! There’s a new light in him that wasn’t there before and I know its because of the gospel. They didn’t come to church on Sunday, which we were bummed about, but we’ll continue working with them. I’m in love with their son named Jimmy too- don’t worry, he’s only 6! He is the most adorable kid. He loves when we come and when we sing the hymns and he always tries to sing with us. He can’t read tho and so he just mumbles the words after we say them- so cute! He also always wants to say both the opening and closing prayers, which is adorable. He always says to me ‘Hermana Cruzby, can you see? I don’t understand how you can see- you’re eyes are soooo small’ So stinkin cute! Emir is 17 and Keila is 1½ . I love that family and keep praying that they’ll realize the importance of the message and realize that we’re more than just ‘the hermanas’- the nice girls who come and sing pretty and help them and that they feel peaceful when we’re there. I want them to realize that we are representatives of the lord and that we share the most important message that will affect not only their lives here, but for all eternity. I don’t know how to make people realize that yet though- I’ll keep praying! I love teaching the gospel though and I know that the spirit is the real teacher, which I am so grateful for. I’m definitely not the best teacher so I’m glad that the spirit is the one who touches people and helps them understand and learn and have the desire to change.
The only bad thing that happened this week really was that we dented our car! Whoops! We’ve had so many problems with that darn car! I was backing my comp up and I told her to stop, so she did, but then I went around to get in to the car and for some reason she kept backing up and by the time I tapped the car to tell her to stop, she had already hit the pole! We don’t know what’s going to happen yet, but hopefully it will all be okay. It wasn’t that bad tho and overall this week has been good!
I’m grateful to be here and I’m grateful that the Lord is in charge of this work. I am learning so much everyday about the gospel and about this work, the only problem is trying to apply all those things! I know that this church is the one and only true church that has all the power and authority of God. I know that Joseph Smith truly was a prophet and that the church of Jesus Christ was brought back through him- the same church that Christ established when He lived here. I know that it is only by following Christ that we can be truly happy and that sharing this gospel with others is the greatest gift we can give to them. I hope you all are constantly looking for people who you can share this happiness with. Its not something scary- if we truly love people and love the lord we will want them to be a part of His kingdom and to learn this great plan that God has for us. I love you all and I’m so glad that you’re stuck with me forever and ever and ever! Hugs and kisses,
Hermana Crosby
No comments:
Post a Comment