Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007
Hola a mi familia! Feliz ano Nuevo! Wow, I can’t believe its already 2007! I don’t know about you, but I’m planning on making this year my best year ever! I’ve set some goals to try and accomplish that and I am excited to see what it has in store for me! So Happy new year!
So, I made it through my first transfer! I wasn’t sure if I would at times, but I did and I am a better person now than I was 6 weeks ago. This transfer I got to stay in Maywood, which I was hoping for. My new companions name is Hna. Gonzalez from Mexico City. I am also killing her! (this is her last transfer). She is amazing and I am learning a ton from her. I kind of feel like I am getting trained all over again because I learn so much every day. She’s so kind and loving and is such a great missionary. I am so grateful! Another thing though is that she has knee problems so we are now in car instead of on bike. At first I was a little bummed because I like the bike and the extra exercise, but at nights when its really cold, I am very grateful! She also has medical problems with her stomach and can’t eat fried food, cheese, meat, or lactose, so we haven’t been eating at many members homes. Its all good though, maybe I won’t gain lots of weight! Mom, you’ll also be happy to hear that we got our heater fixed and so our apartment is no longer like a little icebox. I’ve also decorated it, got 2 more lamps, bought new curtains and table cloths and lit the candle you sent for Christmas and so it feels so much more homey now. Its great!
This Sunday was my first time to speak in church in Spanish! The elders told me Saturday night that I was speaking, but they were saying it in a joking voice and so I took it that way. Sunday morning I decided I better prepare a little something just in case, and its a good thing
I did because they weren’t joking! Darn elders! I spoke for 10 minutes about testimony and it went well. The Lord helped me a lot, as He always does.
Just now we had a lesson with Beatriz. She is so great! We have been teaching her for about 5 weeks now, but she never comes to church so she’s not really considered progressing. We haven’t dropped her yet though because she is so great! She has read all the way to Jacob in the Book of Mormon just in these past 2 weeks and knows it is true. We just taught about living prophets and following the prophet and it went really good. It started out rocky- babies crying, phones ringing, the DVD player not working for us to show our video, you name it, but it ended up going really well. The lord answers prayers! We also brought Hermana Robles with us, which it makes a huge difference to have members present. I wish we could at every lesson. Anyways, pray that she comes to church on Sunday! The work is going well though.
Well, that’s about all the time I have. Yesterday the library was closed and so we couldn’t email, in case you were wondering. I loved talking to everyone- it was definitely the high of my Christmas. I have the best family in the world! I am so blessed! I love you all and
pray for you always! Mucho amor, Hermana Crosby
No comments:
Post a Comment