Friday, June 06, 2008

One more month to go!!


Elder Tesolin, Elder Da Costa, Reed, Elder Motta
(Reed thinks Elder Motta looks like cousin Jesse!)


Hey hey hey! Here I am again writing from good ol Joao Pessoa! Well, it is still raining a lot here, it is still really hot, and I am still here and just cant believe that time passes soo fast. Well, this week was good. We had conference with President Fernandes on Thursday and I always get pumped to go out and do the Lord’s work after every conference. Then on Sunday we got to watch the dedication of the Curitiba Brasil temple. It was awesome. Presidente Monson was there and Russel M Nelson too. It is great to see that the church is growing in the whole world. It was good to hear the prophet speak and feel the spirit there. As far as the people that we are teaching, things are going good. I really want to baptize a few families before I go home and we have a couple good families that have a lot of potential. First off there is Rodolfo and Graca. They are the family that is letting the ward use a room they have on the side of their house for activities because the chapel is really far away. They are really special and already know a majority of the members. They met the bishop, his counselors and a lot of other members and all the members always ask about them. But the problem is that every Sunday something comes up. This Sunday there was an anniversary and so they couldn’t go but they PROMISED that next Sunday they will go. They tell me almost every day that I visit them that they need a religion to follow, and need time for the spiritual things. The bishop here said that when he met Rodolfo, he saw a future leader in the church. Well, I do too but they just need a little help. Having the church activities there will help a lot too. The other family that I am pretty excited about we found on Friday. I had made a contact with a man named Carlos and he seemed interested and was really open. Well, Friday we passed by his house and I thought, lets see if he’s home. Turns out that he was home. He was going to work late on Friday but for some reason he came home early. Well, we taught the first lesson and it was great. Him and his wife and 2 daughters were paying a lot of attention and they accepted everything. They had a few questions but good questions that we responded. He likes to read and I am excited to go back and see how it went. They don’t have a religion but are awesome people. Carlos had already read part of the book “Our legacy” and knew a little about Joseph Smith. I am excited to see these 2 families progress and be baptized. They are both MARRIED which is really rare here. Anyways, I am doing good. I just cant believe how fast every day passes. There just aren’t enough hours in the day to do all the things that I need to do. The days pass by soo fast. But, that’s life and we have to make the most of it while we can.
I love you all and hope all is well.Elder Crosby

No comments: