Monday, February 16, 2009

Marriage.. that wonderful arrangement...






A dweam wifhin a dweam....
So.. as most of you know Ryne and I got engaged on Friday.. the thirteenth (dun dun dun)
It was the most wonderful, perfect, happy day!
 I will tell my side of the story, but you will have to hear Ryne's side too because is it pretty funny. So I woke up Friday morning to my room, bathrooom, and stairs covered in rose petals and three roses placed in different locations throughout my house, they all had a little slip of paper with a line to a poem he wrote for me. Then I went out to my car and it had rose petals all over my dash and another rose. Then I went to the gym and when I was leaving, the girl at the desk gave me a rose too. Through out the day in all my classes some random person would bring me a rose. I felt so special:)!  So by this time I was so excited to see Ryne and tell him thanks for all the surprises. He told me he was home from work, so I went over  so his house and he said he had my Valentines present for me. He then preceded to give me a new set of scriptures which i really needed- he is so  thoughtful and observant. Then we packed and  ready to go to Provo for the weekend, and I didnt expect anything else because he had already done so much for me that day. We then left for Provo.  We stopped in Fillmore for some gas and I mentioned I needed to stretch out my legs, so I didnt think anything of it when he asked if I wanted to stop at the park for a walk for old times sake (where we used to meet when he lived in Provo) So we were walking and I wasnt really paying attention so he pointed out a vase with a rose in it in the middle of the path, and then there was a trail of rose petals down to a little table. (See photos)  I was somewhat confused because I didnt think it was ours- i thought some one else had set it up for their Valentines day! I even told Ryne not to touch the rose! haha But come to find out it was for us and he got down on one knee and asked if i'd marry him! It was magical! Of course I said yes, because I would be crazy not to. We drank some hot cocoa and just enjoyed the moment. I am still quite giddy about it. I know I said over and over I wasnt going to get married for a long time, but when its right, there is no use running from it! Ryne is so incredibly incredible. I feel so happy and am excited for May! As soon as I know details of dates I will let everyone know! I love you all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Tami... I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you and Ryne!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

becki said...

I love the two of you together! It makes me soooo happy! I'm crying, haha lame I know. Tell Ryne I said hi brother and he better learn to play poker soon if he wants to hang with the big boys (and me) jk.

Love you guys!

Bret said...

My little baby sister is getting married! How crazy is that? I'm so happy for you Tammers. I guess it'll be ok that you marry someone from Eagar! Good job.

Lisa said...

AHHHHH!!! I love it! I LOVE IT! Hot diggity dog! for some reason I just had this feeling that this was coming... wink. I think it is wonderful and Tam you look all lit up from inside!! I love you guys!!

Reed said...

What? My sister and my best friend get engaged and nobody tells me?!? wait... I was the one that set up the stuff in Fillmore... nevermind. Congrats you two! I am so happy for you

Tami said...

Okay mark your calendars! The wedding will be May 9th, but the reception won't be until the 23rd of May.. So i hope there aren't any huge conflicts.. Mark, when is Holly due? June right?