This morning I did a "sprint" (short distance) triathlon. It was 1/4 mile swim in the gulf of Mexico, a 17 mile bike ride and a 4 mile run. I almost drowned after a wave unexpectedly capsized on top of me during the swim, which was definitely the hardest part for me. It was nice surfing water though. It was fun learning from watching and talking to everyone about how to quickly transition from swim to bike and then from bike to run. It was a blast! I think I've found yet another fun life sport. By the way, I'm up for any brothers or brothers-in-laws (Barry) to join me in any future events.
6 comments:
Dang Mark, you look ripped! Good job! I actually really want to get into triathlons after baby boy gets here. I just need to learn how to swim better! I'm glad you had fun.
My brother Mark= STUD!! I was going to run 4 miles today but didn't because I was too sore from running 2 miles yesterday- lisa=lame. That is so rad! Mark you are so adventurous and athletic and brave. good for you.
Chad is definately,maybe thinking about motivating himself to start on a little exercize program after reading your blog post, maybe your mother too. I just can't figure out why I don't think its FUN!!! Good job! Its looked cold and foggy in the pictures, was it?
Hey bro! Thanks for the invite. i guess it is true that misery loves company. Great accomplishment though and good luck in your half iron-man!
Is that an 8 pack I see? I know I need to work out and you definitely give me some inspiration. I'm stoked for you though and maybe one day I'll join you.
Thats so awesome! Looks like fun, and a lot of training! Way to go!
Post a Comment