Friday, April 16, 2010

We're moving to ...








NEW ORLEANS!!! It wasn't our first choice, but we're excited. We'll be there 2-3 years, depending on when I'm accepted to residency. I'll be working as a flight surgeon aboard a Joint Reserve Base where I'll take care of the aviators of 2 Navy squardons, 2 Marine squadrons, 1 Army, 1 Coast Guard and the Louisiana Air National Guard. They fly a variety of helicopters, airplanes and jets and should get the chance to fly in a lot of different aircraft. I'll work in the clinic 4 days a week and have one day a week dedicated to flying. Our next step is to find housing. We're tossing around the idea of living on base, which has a lot of benefits. We'll keep you posted.


8 comments:

Bret said...

Whoa that is crazy bro! We're sad you won't be closer but I'm sure it will be exciting and will be another fun adventure for your family.

Lisa said...

WOW!! New Orleans!! I didn't even know that was an option for you. COOL! Another fun place to come visit. P.S I need to talk to you. YES we are still coming to visit you in FL. We are planning on May 20,21,22. I'll call ya tomorrow.

Tami said...

Crazy! Thats exciting! I think you guys will like where ever you go because you always see the good and make the best of it! Mom said something about you are getting ready for a 1/2 iron man! cool! I want to hear about it.

Ynaffit said...

Cool! Have fun and keep us posted! UAF is relocating us to Fairbanks (area) Alaska...... We'll probably end up in a little town called North Pole!!!

Natali said...

That is so exciting. You guys get to experience so many different fun places! I am jealous...Reed and I have been going crazy staying in Provo this long!

Katie said...

That's exciting, New Orleans sounds like an adventure!!!

Kari said...

That is unexpected, yet quite exciting. Hey 2-3 years! That is the longest you will be somewhere since you've been married! I've never been to Louisiana- we will be visiting

nancyfinlay said...

Mark and Holly,
When John was in the Air Force, we lived on Base and it was nice. You had neighbors and Ward members who were in your shoes and they could relate to your way of life. We didn't mind it. Good luck in ther summer.
Love Sister Finlay and John