French dip sandwiches
Ingredients
- 4 pound boneless beef roast
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 whole black peppercorns (I just used good 'ole pepper)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 20 slices French bread
Directions
- Remove and discard all visible fat from the roast. Place trimmed roast in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, bouillon, bay leaf, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, and garlic powder.
- Pour mixture over roast, and add enough water to cover roast.
- Cover, and cook on Low heat for 10 to 12 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat from broth, reserving broth. Shred meat with a fork, and distribute on bread for sandwiches. Used reserved broth for dipping
Café Rio Sweet Pork
- 2 pounds pork (boneless pork rib meat is good)
- 3 cans Coke -NOT diet (I actually used a small bottle of Dr. Pepper instead)
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- Dash garlic salt
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 can sliced green chilies
- 3/4 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 c. brown sugar
1. Put the pork in a heavy duty Ziploc bag to marinade. Add about a can and a half of coke and about 1/4 c. of brown sugar. Marinade for a few hours or overnight.
2. Drain marinade and put pork, 1/2 can of coke, water, and garlic salt in crock pot on high for about 3-4 hours (or until it shreds easily, but don't let it get TOO dry) or on low for 8 hours.
3. Remove pork from crock-pot and drain any liquid left in the pot. Shred pork.
4. In a food processor or blender, blend 1/2 can Coke, chilies, enchilada sauce and remaining brown sugar (about a cup, you can add a little more or less to taste). If it looks too thick, add more Coke little by little. Put shredded pork and sauce in crock-pot and cook on low for 2 hours.
I also halved this recipe and used a very lean cut of pork that was already cut into slices. I served it with pinto beans and cilantro lime rice. Kirk approved. Anyways, you should try them- I think you'll approve too!
3 comments:
Any meal with Dr.Pepper in it is fine by me! Can't wait to try it.
do you think it would be ok to substitute chicken instead of pork?
Thanks for the recipes! I can't wait to try them, I sure need some new ones! I'm glad you have time to cook even with being a new mommy!
Chicken? I don't see why not! try it then let me know;)
Post a Comment