Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Things First.....

Even though Rivers is now a month old and you have probably seen him on Kari's blog, I too must post about him on our family blog! Yes, I know that it seems a little late, but nevertheless, here it finally is!! Rivers Mikkel Kinsey was born July 19th, 2010 in Stafford, VA! We were just finishing our 2 weeks volunteering at the Hill Cumorah Pageant when we got the call that he was coming! I missed being there for his birth by about 8 hours, but it was almost perfect planning! Here he is just hours old, he was perfect in every way, lots of hair, all of his fingers and toes, adorable little features and looking just like Kirk! He weighed 7lbs-7oz and was 20-1/2 inches long I think.
Very proud Daddy, holding his little boy, of course bundled in his camo blanket!

Look at all his short, fine hair, he had lots of it!


He even had side-burns!




So cute, we just couldn't stop staring at him!



He did have a little trouble with his bili rubin count because he had a different blood type than Kari, so.......

.....under the lights he went. The nurses put very sticky Velcro onto his face to attach his little protective mask, then wrapped more stuff around that and then wrapped him in a light blanket. He looked just like a little glow worm, tail and all. He had to stay like that for 12 hours, then if his count went down, we could take him home!



He was such a good sport about the whole ordeal, he hardly fussed at all, except when they had to poke his heel for a blood sample! I was so glad that I could be there with them, even if we did have to spend the first three days at the hospital!

What was interesting to me was that out of all seven babies I had, only Kari had to go through this same experience! She had to wear a little mask and we put her under lights too, only I got to do this at home under my fluorescent lights!

Finally, taking baby Rivers home! The Happy Family!!

He adjusted to home life pretty fast! He had all of our undivided attention at all times!
Every little move, expression, and sound was noted and applauded!




He was wonderful about sleeping during the day, but he liked to keep Kari (and Kirk) awake alot at night during those first few days at home. Somehow I managed to sleep and didn't hear a peep!



Kari and her little son! I was there for 2 weeks and watched him change a little every day! Now he is a month old and is still so adorable! Its just not fair that they are so far away and we won't get to see him until Christmas!!!



This was the last picture I took of him, sleeping in his little boppy, so cute!! I Miss HIM!!
Sorry this post is a month late, I have just been so overwhelmed since I've been home and have had no time!!!












1 comment:

Lisa said...

AHH! I can't wait to meet sweet Rivers!! GOOD JOB Kar-bear! You MOM's and Dad's are just amazing! But a special good job to MOM's you are so tough and sacrifice a lot to bring these little spirits into this world.