Monday, November 07, 2005

A FALL TIME FEELING

Summers sting is fading out of sight
Exhausted, we greet this departure,
Well prepared for a crisp, cool kind of light.

Fall time is now looming in the air
A feeling so hard to describe,
Yet so easy to share.

The trees once green are turning to show
Many colors of warmth
Which confer a sense of a robust glow.


Little children play rambunctiously outside,
Chilled, embrace the warmth of a fire.
Trailing behind, the scent of cold air is hard to hide.

Many ripe apples fall to the ground
In hopes to join the festivities.
With caramel and nuts they’d like to be crowned.

Halloween costumes are playfully displayed
Spookey, cookey, wonderous and weird
Each one unique and better if home-made.

Expressions of many thanks add to this feeling
Grandiose meals are extravagantly prepared
Turkey and dressing could be stacked to the ceiling.

The hearts of families are connected once more
Friendships rekindled and memories recalled
Smiles and hugs warm us each to the core.

Fall time is now looming in the air
A feeling so hard to describe
Yet so easy to share
Happy Fall
Love, lisa

5 comments:

Mark said...

Wow!! Is that the poem you've been working on? And here I thought I was the only one with mad poem writing skillz in the family?

Bret said...

Did you write that Lisa? If so you are AMAZING cuz that was really good. Wow!

Lisa said...

yes i wrote that!

Shelley said...

Hi Sweetie, hey Aunt J'net just said something to me tonight on the phone about some poem you wrote and I didn't know anything about it, and here I check our web and there it is!! Wow, its great, I'm thinking that you have some great, newly discovered talent! See ya on Thursday, we're coming down for the big game! Love ya!

Tami said...

Very good! You are a poet! Its true, there really is a fall time feeling, it kinda makes me sad. Well love you tons! Im so happy I actually get to see you this weekend!