Friday, April 07, 2006

I GOT IT!!!








this is an audio post - click to play
Well as you all know I got my mission call to Joao Pessoa Brazil today. I'm way excited and just can't wait to get out there. I've done a little reading on it and the city of Joao Pessoa is said to be the 2nd greenest city in the world, coming 2nd only to Paris. It is a city of about 600,000 people and is the most eastern city in the Americas. Natal is another big city in my mission and has more than 700,000 people. The weather says it is tropical and from what I've seen on websites the temperature doesn't drop below 60 degrees but luckily I probably won't have to wear a suit because it says I only need 1 suit and 4-5 pairs of dress slacks. I'm going to go to the Bookstore tomorrow and pick up a Portuguese Book of Mormon tomorrow and see if maybe I can start learning a little Portuguese before I go down to Brazil. Well here are a few pictures of Joao Pessoa that I thought were pretty cool that I found. Anyway, I love you all. Brazil here I come... in three months.

4 comments:

Mark said...

I liked your post and the pictures. Good talking to ya...I've always wanted to learn Portuguese and now I'll have a fluent speaker in my family, so when you get back I'll be expecting lessons.

Reed said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Reed said...

Hey another interesting fact is that the Joao Pessoa mission was opened in 1997 so it is a relatively new mission so there are probably a lot of areas that havent seen the missionaries yet.

Tami said...

Reedy Poo! I know I already told you congragulations and all, but I really am excited for you! You are going to be such a great missionary! When you come home for a while before you go, we can make flash cards and stuff with portuguese to help you :)!