Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Oi

Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006
Oi Familia!
So how is everyone? Well things here are just great. Today is my first
day of my second transfer which means Ive been out in the field for 6
weeks. Crazy! We got a call last night on who would be transferred and
who would stay here in Sousa. It turns out that Elder Matos and I are
staying here and working together for another 6 weeks at least so thats
going to be great. I really learn a lot from him every day. We also just found a couple of families that we are working with and have a lot of questions so my goal is to baptize a family this transfer and one of
these two families are both could be baptized so Im really excited about that. Well this past week was great, we had 3 baptisms, one of which was Vanda, the 50 year old woman that had the dream of Elder Matos. She got baptized on Saturday and it was just a wonderful day. When we went to her house to pick her up for the baptism I just felt a different spirit there. She was so happy and just ready and waiting for us to come. A mission is truly a roller coaster. The 2 girls that said they wanted to be baptized finally last week yet again changed their minds. In zone conference a couple of weeks ago President Geschwandtner said that this is the time when we need to work the hardest, because Satan is doing everything he can to stop the work. I think the girls talked with their friends and their friends told them bad stuff about the church. This happens a lot here in Sousa. Satan is always working and doing all he can. Its sad, but hopefully one day they will be baptized. Some missionaries plant seeds, and others harvest.
Well it sounds like Kari is having a great time at the MTC. The sisters at the CTM in Brazil ruled the CTM. They knew everything before we did. Anyway, Im glad shes loving it but im excited that she will be out in the field soon. Its so great to finally be able to apply what you have been learning for 2 months to real life, real people and real
situations. Well I hope all is well with everyone and I love you all. Get better Mom and Becki with your cuts and all. Its good to hear that the football teams are doing good. I hope everyone had a safe Halloween. My Halloween was pretty good, I bought 2 scoops of heavenly Ice cream last night before we went to the apartment. It was definitely a treat. Anyway, I´m doing good here in Sousa and Things are great. I love you all.

Your son and Brother
Elder Crosby

2 comments:

Bret said...

Reedy you're such a stud bro- I love your letters- keep 'em coming and keep up the Lord's work!

Mark said...

Thanks for taking the time to post every week. I got your letter. Glad all is well.