Date:
Wed, 08 Nov 2006
Well all is well here in Sousa. Its great to hear from all of you and
to read the blog. We also had a zone training meeting Monday so I got to
get some mail. I got the package with the granola and dried fruit.
Woohoo, I was stoked. I ate some this morning with some pieces of mango in
it and I was in heaven. I usually just fry up some eggs and eat some
oatmeal so its not too bad. Weve even had some pancakes a couple of
times. I also got the recipes that mom sent and yesterday I made French
toast for all 4 of us missionaries and everyone thought they were real
good. Well right now I am living with me, Elder Matos, Elder Souza, and
Elder Orides, all Brazilians. They all speak almost zero English so my
English is now dead. I was glad to have someone to speak English with my
first transfer because it was really frustrating at first but now that
Im getting the hang of this Portuguese stuff I dont need to talk
English. It will be good for me and hopefully my Portuguese will improve
faster now.
Its still hot here and seems to be getting hotter. We are going into
summer here so that makes sense. They say the rainy season starts in
January so that would be nice. Its really dry here, so thats nice not
having to worry about humidity. We are teaching a lot of people. I feel so
blessed to come here to Brazil where the people are so prepared to hear
the Gospel. Everyone is so open here and so receptive to us and our
message. I was in the church this past Sunday for a baptism of the other
companionship and I was talking to some of the members and I started
thinking about the first time that I went to the church one night my
first week. 3 or 4 members were just bombarding me with questions and
talking to me and I couldnt understand a thing. I was so lost and so
frustrated and they were just laughing. I can laugh about that now though.
Sometimes I feel like Im not progressing like I should and ffeel like Im
just staying in the same place, but then I think back a month ago and I
know that I can understand and say a lot more than I could then.
Sometimes we need to look back to be able to see our progress. Our tasks
might seem overwhelming but we just have to take things one day at a time
and not get discouraged.
We had a family home evening type thing at the house of Carlos and
Maria and Elder and Sister Da Silva also came. It was really good. We
watched “Finding faith in Christ†and had popcorn and juice. I felt the
spirit there and we talked for about ½ an hour with Carlos afterwards
and he is just such a nice guy. He always tells me he is going to buy a
mango for me so I can eat it with my hands because I always eat it with
a knife. Anyway, Things are great and its always great to hear from all
of you. Its so great to have such a supporting loving family. I am
truly blessed. I love you all.
Your son and Brother,
Elder Crosby
2 comments:
You da man!
Good "jerb" Reedy!
Post a Comment