Friday, October 26, 2007

Surprise of My Life!

Hello dear family! Yes, you can imagine my surprise yesterday as I was innocently sitting in my Gospel Principles class with my investigators when the back door opens up and I see Mark standing there! I jumped up and ran to him, maybe even let out a few squills, and just hugged him. Afterwards some of the investigators asked if he was my boyfriend... I guess they didn't see Holly! Anyways, it was sooo great to see them, especially Kaemon and Milea. I could've held Milea all day, but my back is sore today just from the little bit I did hold her! I don't know how I'll have kids with this back of mine! They stayed for about 1 1/2 hours and I would've loved to take them around my area aka little Mexico, but I would've had to leave my investigators alone and be late to our appointments, and probably would've felt like I was breaking some sort of rule (sometimes I wish I wasn't so responsible!) I felt so loved that they would drive for 5 hours just to see me! THANK YOU MARK AND HOLLY! I LOVE YOU!! One more reason why I love serving in the states- i love surprises!So as you can see, I did not get transfered from Carson B. That will put me 7 1/2 months in the same ward. I'm happy though to be here still and to be with Hna. LaBarge. We are working with some amazing people and have 4 with baptisimal dates, but none of them are really progressing. As Reed has put it before, Sunday is game day and kind of tells you where everyone is really at. We are teaching great people who read and pray, but it's not enough if they don't come to church. None of the 4 with dates came to church yesterday either- frustrating! So this upcoming week is going to be a week of sifting through all these people. We are likely going to be doing a lot of dropping, which brought tears to my eyes this morning as I was thinking about it, but time is just too precious to be wasting on people who don't want to progress. So pray that they will all have the burning desire to leave the world behind, change their lives, and be baptized- we're not really asking all that much are we?! This last week we had a FHE with Lesley's family (she is getting baptized on nov 10) and they invited all their nieghbors to join so we we had about 22 people there, about 15 that were not members! So that was pretty sweet. We had the relief society president give the lesson, and of course the other neighbors had their rap music blaring and it started raining just during the lesson and then ended when she was done. It seems like that is always the case- the phone always rings right when we start sharing about the restoration or the baby cries... Satan does everything he can to distract and to drive the Spirit away. Everyone still seemed to enjoy it though. Oh ya, a miracle happened yesterday as our beloved Donna Forbes, in-active for 22 years if you'll remember, came to church!!! She has a little word of wisdom problem and just started chuckling when she got her program that said the theme for sacrament would be the word of wisdom! That morning she had prayed and asked the Lord if this is what He wanted for her, and if so, to give her a sign. She took that as her sign and just said "Ok Lord, I got it!" So miracles really do still happen- never give up! It amazes me how aware of His children he is. Congrats Bret on passing your test and on your raise- smarty pants. Wish I could see your road show- I'm sure it is pretty stinkin hilarious if you wrote it, afterall, funny genes do run in our family! Good luck to you! Yes mom, I probably ought to get the flu shot- ?Por que No? But if it's too pricey, don't worry about it. Also, thanks for doing the investigation with EFY- looks like I'll just worry about it in Feb! I hope you all are enjoying the Fall leaves- I miss seeing trees and color- those don't really exist here. It's still 85 degrees and nice and toasty and you would never guess that there's snow in Utah! Well, The church is true, the book is blue and I love you (Classic line Reed!!) Love, Hermana Crosby

No comments: