Friday, April 03, 2009
Call me Mrs. Kinsey!
So hey family, guess what! I have some great news... I got a job! I'm talking a real, grown-up job! I've had a couple interviews these past few weeks for teaching jobs, but wasn't too enthused about any of them. That is, until this Wednesday. Wednesday I had an interview at a school called Channing Hall. It is a charter school located in Draper. It is a new school, only 3 years old, and nice and small. I had an interview and toured the school and the principal offered me the job right afterwards! I was shocked because I know a lot of people who have applied for that position. I feel really excited about it. I will be teaching 7th and 8th grade CTE (career and technical education- which includes business, technology, and home ec.- should be interesting!) and also FACS exploration, which is basically an intro to cooking, sewing, fashion, interior design, etc. The pay is higher than public schools, the class size is smaller, I get full benefits and retirement, the building is new and nice, and the faculty is very friendly and helpful- What more could I ask for?! I haven't formally accepted the job, but am going to on Monday. I really feel so blessed to have a job when jobs are so short and before I have even graduated. It saves me a lot of time and stress and gives me all summer to prepare. Pretty cool huh?! I am like officially a real grown-up now?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! That's awesome, sounds like a good gig.
Congrats Sis! That is awesome that they offered you the job on the spot. But it doesn't surprise me cuz you are amazing. Good job sis!
That a girl! What a blessing. Good job sis. So excited for you.
Oh sis congratulations. That is so wonderful. I am so proud of you!! That is such a relief after all you hard work. I hope I can find a job soon too!! YAY!! MRS. KINSEY
Post a Comment