March has started off with a bang!! We are getting so much done around the Crosby home!! Some much needed WORK! I hired some professional tree pruners to come prune all our fruit trees. LaVerl tried, but he really didn't know for sure how it's done, so after 30 years, it was time for some TLC.
A crew of about 5 guys showed up for two days. First they pruned them. (all 15 + trees). They had to cut down about 5 of them that had pretty much died.
One of the guys gets way up in the trees and thins out all the branches. This is my giant apricot tree that I think we thought was a dwarf size when we planted it. We've already had one huge branch break off and smash the fence all up.
More branches everywhere!
The trees look better and they will produce more now. I wish they could make them lots shorter, but we are a little late being able to do that now.
They left the bigger pieces of apple wood we can use for Barbecuing.
Then they hauled all the branches over to their huge chipper and hauled them off. No mess anywhere.
I was so very pleased with Jordan Kemble and his crew. They did a great job. He is going to give me another bid to do all the rest of the trees on our property. We have lots and LaVerl planted everyone of them!!











No comments:
Post a Comment