Lisa's kids have been on Spring Break for 2 weeks and she needed a little break. I was able to have Lilly, Lucy and Landon for a few days to give her a little break. So after Landon's baptism, I brought them to my house. I enjoyed them and I think they liked being at Gma's house!
I had them for St. Patricks Day, so we did a few fun things. We made green shamrock pancakes, green jello, they colored some pictures, we made shamrock sugar cookies and frosted them green and we made green slime. I also got a little work out of them-we cleaned more of the junk left from the big cleanup we had a couple of weeks ago. We washed my car and LaVerl's truck. They earned $5 each and I asked them where they wanted to spend it. I thought they would choose Dairy Queen, but they chose Circle K. Oh, the junk they like!



Lilly is getting really good on the piano. I found a simplified version of a song the Primary kids sing, "Gethsemane" and she practiced it so much that she could play it really well before they left for home.
I tried a different recipe for the slime and it didn't turn out as good.
One day we rode bikes (they brought theirs and I rode my e-bike) down to the skate park. It was uphill coming home so they had to stop for a break and of course climb the nearby tree.
They did keep entertained a little with the ping pong table and foosball. I didn't let them on their iPads as much as they wanted.
On Thursday we met their Dad, Barry in Show Low. I was going to drive them half way, to the bottom of Salt River Canyon, but Barry wanted to see his Mom, who lives in Show Low with one of his sisters. I would have kept them longer, but I needed to be in St. Johns to stay with Mom for 4 days while Sonja and Randy went to Utah for a missionary homecoming.
No comments:
Post a Comment