Wednesday, September 06, 2006

News from Reed

Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006

Hey family! how is everyone? Things are still great here at the
CTM. Not much changes from week to week but it sounds like things are
still going on back home just like they were. Bret and Becki off on their honeymoon and Kari checking into the MTC tomorrow!!! It´s great. So we beat St. Johns finally Mom tells me. That is pretty neat. I heard that BYU lost the season opener to U of A from my inside source (Sister
Cardon, The CTM Presidents wife watched most the game over the internet). It´s alright Dad, BYU can bounce back. Don´t lose hope in them yet.
Anyway I met two people from St Johns this past week, Taryn Platt
said to tell Kari hi and congratulations and also Matt Greer that I
played basketball against (tall red head kid). It´s amazing that I actually know some people here. The world is very small, especially in the mormon world.
This past week we got the best rain since I arrived here. A storm
moved in at about 4:00 and it rained all night. It was nice because the
temperature dropped to where it actually gets cold at night now when we
leave the window open. The weather is about perfect right now and I´m
enjoying the cool while I can.
Other than the rain I´ve just been buckling down. Proselyting a
week and a half ago got me pretty scared that I might not be ready to go out into the field so I´ve been hitting hit hard and hopefully i can
keep it up until I leave. We get to go out again this Friday and I am
really looking forward to talking to everyone and having some good
experiences. I have heard of some pretty coool stories about people proselyting in the CTM.
This morning our two Brazilian roomates, Elder Carneiro and Elder
Fonseca. The Brazilians stay for only 3 weeks. i´m gonna miss them and
their help. It is so nice to be able to talk to real Brazilians every
single night. We should be getting new roomates tomorrow or Thursday so
I´m just keeping my fingers crossed that we get some more Brazilians.
Also Elder Oriente, Elder Da Silva, Elder Tosta, And another Elder Da
Silva all left. These guys were really cool and would always just come in our room at the end of the day and talk and joke with us. Elder Orinte is just a really cool guy and he´s from Joao Pessoa so I tried to talk with him all that I could. It was really sad to see them all go.
Thak you all for your prayers and support. I love you. Watch and
Pray always that Satan will have no power over you (Alma 13: 28).

Love Elder Crosby


ps - Tell people to send everything to the Mission address until I get
my new address. I will get all my mail that everyone has sent through
pouch and to the mission office once I get to the field. the stamps are
for you because I just go to the post office and use their stamps. As
far as the book, I saw it when Wes had it but I haven´t had a chance to
sign it. I don´t know where it is right now. Oh ya, tell Denver to get
a three ring binder with dividers and paper so that he can organize his
stuff nice. They give you some stuff here but I wish I would have brang
some because they don´t have just regular three ring binders down here.
Also tell him that peanut butter down here is like gold.
Is there any way that you could get some addresses for me? Just
every one in our town like BO, Nate, Jesse, and all the other missionaries and it would be best if you could just send those to the mission home not by email. Don´t feel rushed but I would like to have them so I could write them every once in a while. Thanks mom, you´re the best. I love you.

No comments: