Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Reed writes a Poem

I didn't get a letter from Reed this week since he's probably on a plane headed to his new area. He sent a letter home this week and included was a poem he wrote so I thought I'd post that. He also said that he and 4 other guys got to sing a special number and he also got to lead the music, something he's never done. He said it also rained alot and actually woke him up one morning. It was kind of funny, he said that he received a letter from Elder Burkholders Dad, he thought that was weird. Then he was shocked when he got one from his mom and his girlfriend a couple of days later.
It was then he remembered that he'd mentioned to him that he hadn't received any mail. (He has now).So if you can, write real letters to him. I bet he sends a new address from where he's at now. Here's the POEM:

When I'm down or life is rough
When I feel I have bad luck.
When things get bad, get hard, get tough
When I hear "just give up".
I close my eyes and see His face.

If I'm sick and life's no fun.
If I feel I can't go on.
If life goes south, goes bad, goes wrong.
If I want to say, "I'm done".
I close my eyes and see His face.

His loving eyes that say "I'm here".
His look that says "Have no fear".
His lips that whisper in my ear.
His love that makes my purpose clear.

I'm here for Him and not for me,
To bring His sheep that will believe.
He suffered all for you and me
That we may live eternally.

Two years I'll serve with all my might.
With all my heart, mind, strength I'll fight.
I'll stand for what is true and right
And guide His flock unto the light.

With Him I can do anything
To Him I'll pray and I will sing.
Because of Him, death has no sting.
He is my Lord, my God, my King.

So when you're down or life is rough
And when you feel you have bad luck.
When things get bad, get hard, get tough.
When you hear, "Just give up".

Just close your eyes and see His face.

by Reed Crosby (D&C 122:7-8)

2 comments:

Bret said...

Wow- I'll admit it, that brought tears to my eyes. I'm so proud of Reed and his selfless service. What an awesome young man he is.

Mark said...

I agree...very touching poem. Reed you're definitley serving for the right reasons. I'll have you know you've got a letter on its way, as does Kari.