Tuesday, March 13, 2007

2 week letter

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007

Family! Hi! Yes, I am still alive. Last week we had our temple p-day and then we went out and celebrated my 6 month anniversary and so I didn’t quite make it to the library. Sorry! You’ll be getting details on my celebration later- You’ll freak out! It was something- my comp. doesn’t mess around! Anyways, I can’t believe I have a NEICE!!!!! I am sooo soo excited! Send pictures ASAP! I love that name too- just adorable. Does she have a middle name? I’m so glad that the delivery went fast and safe. I’ve been so curious to hear! Congratulations to us! Mark and Holly and Kaemon- I love you lots and am so excited for the new addition. There’s a baby in the apartment next to us-ya, both me and my comp went out and bought ear plugs today! She screams all the night long! I’m glad that Milea doesn’t- its rough! I was really sad to hear about Pomp too. I’ve been thinking about him a lot this week for some reason and so when I just read that my heart started beating a bit faster. I’m glad that he’s recovering fast thou. I will definintely keep them in my prayers. How does that happen anyways? Lisa Nae, dear sister, So you have a boyfriend huh? Is this official? Last I heard is that you went out on a blind date with a guy on Valentines Day and I haven’t heard anything since. Fill me in would ya?! I’m excited for you! I can’t even imagine what that’s like anymore- EEK! Good luck! DADDDYYYY!!! Happy Happy LATE birthday! I’m such a bad daughter- forgive me for not calling! Oh wait.. I’m so sorry I didn’t get a card out to you. We’re only allowed to write on p-days and with temple p-day we weren’t left with any time. I was thinking of you all day though and I told everyone it was my dad’s birthday! I Love you so much daddy and I'm pretty sure we are the luckiest family in the world to have a righteous, hard-working, priesthood-worthy, witty, funny, smart, Spanish-speaking, tap-dancing, not to mention Oh-so-handsome, father. You really are the best in the world and I am so grateful for your example and leadership of our family. WOW! We are lucky! I love you so much dad! I hope your birthday was fabulous! Bret and Becki- I haven’t heard the results yet from your little contest-¦ Did you win or what?! I’m loving that you’re teaching the Sunbeams- little kids are so cute. I can’t wait for the day when I can pick them up and love on them. Are they a wild bunch or pretty well-behaved? I think the cutest thing ever are little kids singing in primary, especially when its in Spanish! Love it! Tammers-congrats and being accepted to the SUU thing! I knew you would- you’re amazing! That will be a great way to be involved and get dates! Graduation is drawing nigh- how do you feel? How’s dance? Where are you working these days? As for me- WOW! These past few weeks have been amazing! I have learned so much! I’ve learned the importance of setting daily goals and then doing everything you can to reach those goals. I’ve learned the importance of really leaving strong commitments and following up on those and emphasizing the great importance of them. This has been the best transfer ever and I am sad that it ends next Wednesday. I’m hoping that Hna. Irving and I get one more transfer together here in Maywood, but of course I’ll gladly go wherever. We just have grown so much together and have had a ton of fun! My Spanish has improved so much- I understand a ton more and can communicate just about all that I need to. I still have soooo much to learn, but it’s coming little by little. My comp is improving too and can teach little parts of the first lesson now. It’s nice to be able to teach together instead of just me doing all the teaching. She’s picking up super fast and is such a good sport about it all. I read from the Libro de Mormon every day for 1 hour and that is helping a lot. As for our investigators- I don’t even know where to start! Leanor Trujillo, sweet little 62 year old lady, is going to be baptized in April! She’s pretty golden. She was actually a referral that the missionaries got in august and never contacted. Hna. Gonzalez and I finally contacted her and she’s so open and accepting and wants to learn more. She also loves to cook us dinner, healthy too, so she’s a joy of sunshine in our lives! Ana Silvia- well I taught her the law of chastity and she’s cancelled our 3 appointments since. Here’s the thing- she’s living with this man (who happens to be 11 years her junior and is creeeepy!) and he’s the father of her youngest son. So, I’m pretty sure she’s not keeping that law. She acted like it was nothing and accepted when I committed her to keep the law. SO ya, who knows. She did come to church yesterday and also her sister got baptized yesterday and we went to it. She’ll get baptized, but it will be later rather than sooner I’m afraid. Angie the 9 year old is perfect. She keeps all the commitments and loves church and is ready for baptism, but Ana wants them all to be baptized together. Sady, the 17 year old is Miss Attitude lately. She has a hard time with Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, yet she’s never once picked it up and read it. I have no idea what to do with her to help her. Anyways, the challenges keep it interesting thou! We also found a family of 9! Yes, nine people! 7 kids and the mom and dad. We’ve only met 5 of the 7 kids though, but they’re all older than 8 and are great kids. The 21 year old son already told us that he prayed and that he knows it’s all true! SO, we’re pretty excited about this family. They didn’t come to church yesterday though, but we have an appointment with them tonight. I’m really praying that they accept the message and aren’t lazy like most people are! They would practically double the size of the rama!! Its really starting to get HOT here! Oh boy, I can only imagine how awful it will be in a few more months! It’s nice though. Well, better get going. I wish I could tell you all all of the funny stories and sights, about all the wonderful people I meet, about the amazing lessons I learn from the scriptures, about all the spiritual experiences I have, about how amazing being a missionary is, but 45 minutes isn’t quite enough time! I guess we’ll have to wait 11 more months! I love it though! I love the gospel and my Savior and being a part of this work! Never take your membership for granted. We are sooo lucky to know the truth!
Lots of love,
Hna. Crosby- the happiest bike-riding, door-knocking, Spanish-speaking, new auntie!!!

1 comment:

Bret said...

Oh man that girl is Ka-freakin' awesome! Our whole family is Ka-freakin' awesome!