Saturday, March 17, 2007

P-Day

Hello family! Well it sounds like you all are doing good. I am glad that Pomp isdoing better and that he will be home here in a couple of days. Also, HappyBirthday Dad!!! I totally loose track of time here and I remembered that night that it was your B-day. I hope it went good. Time really flies here and I loosetrack of the days and what is happening in the world. Things are all good here. Elder Campos and I are getting along great. He teachesreally good in a way that people understand and are involved. Hopefully I willbe able to learn how to teach like him by the end of the transfer. It is goodliving with 3 Brasilians and I am learning ato kill my accent and talk with moreease. This past week has been good but we need to find more people to teach. Wepractically cut or baptized all of our investigators from last transfer so weare starting with a clean plate. We are teaching 2 families right now, well 3 totell the truth. The third will be married on Thursday (tomorrow) and Rita, thewife of a member, will be baptized that same night. The other 2 families wefound the other day. Naldo and Nilza is a family with a little baby that is 6months old. We taught them the first lesson Monday and it went really good.Naldo was really interested and was agreeing the whole time. When I taught aboutJoseph Smith and the question Joseph had, Naldo said that he has wondered thesame thing, Which church is the true church. Then there is Fagner and Jackeline.Jackeline is Jussier's sister. They are already married and Jackeline went toJussier's baptism and really really liked it. She said that the following weekshe felt so much peace and calm in her life. We are going to continue to teachthese 2 and hopefully they will do what Alma 32 says and prove the word andplant the seed. Everything starts out small, but can grow into a giant tree. As far as everything else goes, I am doing good. Ive been lucky and havent hadany problems with my health or anything like that. Things are great here and Iam really enjoying being able to speak and communicate with the people here. Itsamazing, 7 months ago I knew nothing, but now I can have conversations witheveryone. We talked to a crazy drunk man last night that started asking usthings about the Bible. He asked us a lot of questions and we could asnwer allof them, but even that didnt convince him. We can always prove the Church istrue, but that wont convert people. People can see with their own eyes, but whatconverts is the spirit. Spiritual things are so much stronger than physicalthings. When the spirit touches the spirit of the investigator, It is 100 timesmore powerful than a sign or something like that. I am so grateful for thespirit and the simple testimony that I have. I am so lucky to have a family thatknows what I know, parents that raised us with love in the gospel of JesusChrist. I love you all and hope all is well. Atà o prÃximo.

LoveElder Crosby

No comments: