Date: Mon, 14 May 2007
Well, There's not much to say considering that I just talked to you for about 2 hours yesterday! That was wonderful- darn phone! I just have the best family ever I could've talked double that time, so it's probably good the cordless phone ran out of battery! To fill everyone else in- we got a baptismal date set Saturday night with Daniel- an amazing 11 year old boy from Hondurus. He was so excited, I thought that he would burst! His little sister is 8 years old and she just got baptized in Hondurus as well. We are also teaching the mom and the 2 aunts and they want to be baptized as well, but have some things to work on, such as getting married with the man one's living with and one works every Sunday. Anyways, they'll all be baptized with time but we didn't want to wait with Daniel because he is ready now and needs to be a part of the 97!
Heck, it sounds like in Reed's mission each companionship has 97 baptisms a transfer! What a completely different mission he is in than me! It worries me though too because we knock into so many people who tell us "oh ya, I was baptized in the Mormon church" yet they don't even know that the real name of the church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and not "mormon", or know who Joseph Smith is. I'm sure Reed is preparing his investigators well, but I know that all the ones we meet are completely clueless and don't really have testimonies, hence they are all completely inactive now that they have left their countries. Anyways, it would be nice to baptize more, but all well! Keep up the good work though Reed- you're awesome!
We still re working hard looking for people to teach. I know how Reed feels about the church thing- we do everything we can- we call them, set up transportation, go by their houses, and they still find excuses not to come. It's so frustrating! It's okay though, I'm doing all I can and so I know the Lord is pleased with me. I have to remember that and not get discouraged and thinking that I'm a horrible missionary. People still have their agency despite all my efforts.
Yes like Bret said, I had a dog sicked on me! I'm sure this man had been watching all these wonderful shows about Mormons and that he was very fond of us! Luckily he was just a little guy and didn't do us much harm!
I also taught early morning seminary this week. It was so much fun! I love the youth of the church and they really need alot of help in this evil, awful, ugly world. I see why Mark has always wanted to teach seminary- it's a blast!
Have I told you about sister Green, the little old, old lady who feeds the missionaries lunch every single Tuesday and Thursday? She has been doing it for 12 years! What a saint! There are some really good members here and I am loving getting to know them all. We also made a goal to do an FHE every single Monday night with a family of members and a family of investigators. That has been going really good and is a powerful thing. I hope you all have your homes open for such things as well- it helps so much!
I love being a missionary and although things are never perfect, the Lord's hand is always here directing the work. Pray that we'll find more people to be a part of the 97! I know that they're out there! I wish I could've talked to everyone yesterday, but thanks for the emails!
Love you MUCHISIMO!! Hermana Crosby
No comments:
Post a Comment