Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Reed's working hard

Date: Wed, 02 May 2007
Oi minha família! Como vocês estão? Minha semana foi boa e o trabalho aqui está indo muito bom agora. Anyways, Hello everyone. How is the fam? Here in Currais Novos things are great and really picking up. We had a baptism this past week. His name is Francimar but everyone knows him as Fafa. He is 27 years old and is the most humble guy I have taught. Everytime we teach him he accepts everything and just wants to have a better life. He hás 3 little kids that are always running around during the lesson but the spirit is always there. I love his prayers. They are so sincere. Every time he prays he asks the Lord that nothing takes him off of the true path that he hás found. He is an awesome guy and now we are starting to teach other members of his family. His little brother that is 14 is going to be baptized this Sunday along with his nephew. We are planning a family night at his house and he gave us 45 names of people that he is going to invite. Im sure not all will come but he really wants others to know that this is the true church and he is helping us a lot. This past week was really good. We taught a lot of lessons and found a lot of people that will go to church. My first 4 weeks here we couldnt finda any families. I was starting to think that here in Curais Novos there arent any families. Well I was wrong. In the past 7 days, we have found 5 good families, Families that say they will go to church and that have the desire to go to church. The Lord hás really been blessing us lately. Here in the branch in Currais Novos we usually have 100 – 115 people at church. Well we established a goal as a district to have 150 people at church before June. We had a fast last week to help us reach our goal. Well the Lord blessed us and we had 140 people at church this past Sunday. It was great to see the sacrament room full of people. This week looks like it will be really good tôo. Every week just gets better and better here. Elder Piccin got transferred here 2 weeks ago. He was na LZ and now is the LD here. He helps me a lot. Any question I have ora ny help I need he is always there to help me. I should get my package this next week because we will have zone conference. Also, next Sunday I will be Mothers day and I will get to Call! Next Email I will give when and how. It will be just like Christmas, but this time I will have the right number and you will call at a certain time. Anyway, Ill tell more in the next letter. I love you all and hope everyone is doing great. Sorry so short but I gotta go.Love your son and Brother, Elder Crosby

No comments: