Wednesday, May 09, 2007

News from the East

Date: Wed, 09 May 2007

Hello my dear family. Well sounds like everything is running smoothly at home. I just hope that Dad gets a few jobs here pretty soon. I remember when I left Dad hardly couldn’t keep up with the work. I guess that’s the risk you take being your own boss and having your own business, sometimes its busy busy, and sometimes its like molasses, slow. I know things will be ok though and that things will pick up soon. The Lord has always blessed our family. Well, Here in Currais Novos things are going good. We had a baptism this last week. Her name is Roseane. She is 13 years old and what is amazing is that we met her this past Tuesday. I know what you’re thinking, we found her last Tuesday and she was already baptized? Don’t worry, I’m not doing any apostasy here, but Ill tell you the story. Monday we passed by an alley that we had never seen before. SO Tuesday I felt like we should pass by there. We had another appointment marked but we decided to go check out the alley. So we go in the alley and there is nobody in their house, all the houses are closed except for one that has a 13 year old girl in the doorway. Usually I don’t make contacts with 13 year old girls without their dads but i felt like i should talk to her, so i did. I asked her if she had already talked to missionaries before and she Said yes, and that she went to church Sunday and was getting ready to go to seminary that night and Said “I’m preparing to be baptized.” The first thing that came to my mind is that the other elders were teaching her, but we found out that the last missionaries that came by was 3 months ago. So we started teaching her and she was baptized on Sunday. We are teaching her mom and dad now and her 2 sisters will be baptized this Sunday. Her mom and dad haven’t been to church yet but they say they will go this Sunday. They have to be married first but with time they will be baptized. It is amazing what happens when you listen to the promptings of the spirit, even when it doesn’t make sense and even if you have another thing marked. So the last letter I talked about finding some families. Saturday I was really excited because they said they would go to Church. We had 3 marked to go to church. Sunday morning came around and we went by to get all the people and They all made excuses that they couldn’t go. Sundays are really tought because you work so hard during the week and Saturday I always think that everything will turn out perfect and that everyone will go to church. This Sunday we had 23 people marked to go to church. When we went by to walk with them to church, Only 4 of them came. It’s tough when so many people say they’ll go and don’t. But, The work goes on and we are finding those people that are prepared for the gospel. I know that this work is the work of the lord and I cant do anything alone. Now, as far as THE CALL goes, I can tell you right now that I have no Idea. We have Zone conference tomorrow and they will give us all the information: how long, and things like that but i think i will have 40 minutes like last time. I think the time difference is 4 hours from here to AZ and 5 from here to California. So if Kari called at 4, It would be 9 here. I dont know how that will work because she has Church until 5 so I dont think that will work. Anyways, I think we can call Saturday night to Schedule it so I will call Saturday and give you the info and everything. It seems like yesterday I got to call for Christmas. The time just flies by. I also haven’t got my b-day packages yet but for sure tomorrow I should get them, Ok. Anyway, I gotta run. Thanks for everything and I will TALK to you soon! Love you all!
Elder Crosby

No comments: