


hey fam! I don't know how to flip the picture. It was fine on my comp then when I posted it it turned sideways! All well- you get the idea! It was way fun spending the weekend with Bret, Becki, and Reed and to listen to the wonderful general conference! Let me tell you all what happened to me this week... I was at work on tuesday and it was 6 pm, which is what time we close. There was a little white-haired man and his wife in the store looking around; I don't think they realized that we were closed. Anyways, so the man came up to the counter with some of his wife's stuff while she finished looking around so I started ringing him up. I asked him if he was fauculty or staff because they get a 10% discount. He paused for a moment and said, well actually, I am a general authority, and he whipped out a little card proving that! That caught me a little off gaurd, so I stumbled thru how I don't know if general authorities get discounts because I've never had one come it- I sounded like a total retard because I was so flustered! I ended up giving him a 20% discount anyways! so to make matters worse, my coworker asked him if he got to sit on the stand at general conference with president Hinckley. He replied, "well yes, I actually spoke at general conference!" aaaa! We felt a bit bashful and so I of course tried to cover and said something stupid like, "I knew I recognized you!" (even though I totally didn't!). It was Paul K. Sowbrowski and he spoke sat afternoon. I tried to rack my brain to remember his topic, but with no success- so I couldn't even comment on how wonderful and inspiring his talk was! Anyways- he was super nice even though I made a fool of myself!
3 comments:
holy moly! thats a way cool experience Kar-bear. was his talk on Missionary work and finding the "one in the corner?" Yeah I loved conference! I enjoyed every talk and got a lot of answers to prayer. Its amazing what a difference it is when YOU have prepared yourself to hear the word of Prophet. Awesome pics! I wish I could have been there. Love you sister girl. thanks for being totally RAD!
That's my girl, you are definately my daughter! I'm sure he didn't think anything bad of you, he probably just thought "what a sweet, pretty girl!"
Kare-Bear- how funny! but I probably wouldn't have recognized him either (there are a lot of them!) at least now you have a funny story to tell- oh and thank you so much for taking us to Becki's sister's house and hanging out with us- you rock. hey did you get our little note we sent you?
Post a Comment