Thursday, March 20, 2008

I love the temple!

I was writing someone from my mission this morning about temples and the blessings that come from going and this quote came to my head that my stake president shared with me right before I entered for my first time. I love it and thought I'd share...

A powerful promise from Elder John A. Widtsoe (1920)
“I believe that the busy person on the farm, in the shop, in the office, or in the household, who has his worries and troubles, can solve his problems better and more quickly in the house of the Lord than anywhere else.
If he will leave his problems behind and do the temple work for himself and for his dead, he will confer a mighty blessing upon those who have gone before and quite as large a blessing will come to him; for at the most unexpected moments, in or out of the temple, will come to him, as a revelation, the solutions to the problems that vex his life.
That is the gift that comes to those who enter the temple properly, because it is a place where revelations may be expected. I bear you my personal testimony that this is so…
I urge upon you that we teach those who go into the temples to do so with a strong desire to have God’s will revealed to them for comfort, peace, and success in our daily lives… for the satisfying of our hearts.”
(Genealogical Convention in the assembly hall)

I go to the temple and do a session every week if anyone ever wants to join me! It is so wonderful!

1 comment:

Bret said...

Awesome quote Kari. It is so awesome to have a temple so close to us here in Mesa. Hey whenever you go let me know. I'd love to go with you.