Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Elder Crosby is doing great!

Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007
Oi Familia. Well it’s already P-day again. The weeks just fly by. Last p-day we went to this sweet fort called “Forte dos reis Magos” which means fort of the magi kings. But it’s right on the ocean and it is just a old fort that is one of the tourists sites here in Natal. I will try to send some pictures today for your viewing pleasure but I don’t know if it will work. Anyway, the fort was pretty cool and it was cool to see the ocean and jut be a tourist for a day, well at least until 6:00, and then its back to work. The work here is just awesome. We had 3 baptisms this past week, one of which is a rapaz (young man) that has 14 years and he is just really smart. We gave him the book of mormon with 2 parts marked, the introduction and 2 nephi 31. the next day when we came back he could tell us all the details about the 2 parts. It was so good to see his baptism. We have been teaching his mom too but his mom is married to a different guy then she is living with and is working on the divorce papers as we speak so it could be a while before she could get baptized, but she went to church on Sunday and also to Filipe’s baptism and really liked it. We are teaching a lot of people right now and have 4 baptisms marked for this Sunday; Cristiano, Carlos Enrique, Wellington and Wedson. Critiano was a contact that we made on the street and started teaching him. He came to church last week and so we are preparing him for his baptism this Sunday. He is 16 years old and I always feel the spirit when we teach him. Carlos Enrique is a rapaz that just came to church with his cousin so we got his address and started teaching him last week. We could have baptized him last week but decided not to rush thing and really prepare him. He was almost baptized 2 years ago but something happened with his dad and so he didn’t get baptized. But now he is really excited to be baptized and his parents are going to watch his baptism so it will be really good and hopefully they will feel the spirit and they will listen to our lessons. Wedson and Wellington are brothers that came to church after we invited them on Saturday. Wellington is 19 and Wedon is 17. By their appearance they seem a little rebelious, long hair, Linkin Park (a rock band for those that don’t know) shirts, bracelets and stuff like that, but really they are awesome guys. Wellington said the closing pray at the end of the first lesson and it was one of the best closing prayers I have heard. We taught them about the word of wisdom and law of Chastity last night and they said they would stop drinking coffee and wouldn’t drink beer anymore. These guys really want to do what is right and have the desire to follow Christ. I love teaching people that are willing to change and accept the gospel in their lives. On top of those we have been finding a lot of people that we are working with. We have a family, Francisco and Maria that went to church in Sao Paulo but weren’t baptized. This past Sunday they traveled but they promised to go to church this week. They are great and I love talking and teaching them. I am really enjoying thing here. Its funny because I am used to cold showers, but here in our house we actually have a thing that heats up the water ( I guess its a hot water heater) but it in the shower and it has a switch. I was so excited to take a hot shower the first time but its interesting because I starting taking the shower and I ended up turning the hot water heater off because it was just weird and I have found that I like cold showers. Its so hot here, even at night that they feel so much better than hot showers. Anyway, I thought that was funny. Well I love you all and my time is running out so just keep choosing the right (CTR does not mean change the rules) and remember that Jesus Christ is the rock of our Salvation. Those who build on him will not fall. The wind will come, but you wont fall if you are built upon Christ.
Love Your son and brother Elder Crosby

No comments: