Tuesday, February 06, 2007

News from the 'CLAM'

Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007

HELLOOOOO!!! Well, this was my comp.'s last week here in the mission and it was pretty much the perfect week for her to end her mission on. Nothing huge and life-changing happened, but it was just really good! One of our investigators, Leanor Martinez, who we have been teaching for about 3 weeks went to the Visitor's center with us and also to a baptism. We were so worried because on thursday when we had an appointment with her she told us her pastor from the Christan church has been calling her and that he invited her to be baptized that sunday. The bad part was that she actually accepted!she knows that baptism is super important and she is ready to take that step. So that lesson we were praying so hard for the spirit as we taught her about authority and the importance of asking Heavenly Father what she should do. she was very curious to ask her pastor after that where he got his authority (I couldn't bring myself to flat- out tell her "sorry- he has absolutlely NO authority! she'll figure that out tho!) Then on Saturday we went to the VC and did a tour of the temple grounds and it couldn't have been more perfect. The vc sister who did the tour talked alot about authority and about baptism and the temple and everything. I love the Spirit that leads us to say the right things! Then yesterday we took her to baptism of 5 kids and one lady. I've never seen so many people at one baptism and to say the least, it wasn't the most reverant baptism. Of course I was stressing out the whole time b/c i was worried that she wouldn't feel the spirit and that she would just think it was another baptism, but I reminded myself that this is the Lord's work and that it will roll forward no matter what- No matter how many babies are crying or people are talking or kids are running around, if they are ready for the truth they will recognize it despite all of this. It so true too! I don't know how, but she somehow felt something and promised my comp. that she would send her pictures of her own baptism! She also promised us both that she would come to the Arizona temple and the Mexico Temple and go inside with us! It's so exciting to meet those who are ready! I love her lots and hope I get to stay in Maywood and continue teaching her.
Ana Silivia and her 4 kids are also amazing still. We had a FHE with some members yesterday and it was also perfect. I looooove when the members get involved. It truly makes the world of difference. What an answer to prayers!
Jaime and Consuelo are also progressing, but will take a little more time than the others. It's cool though to see that light in Jaime that wasn't there a month ago. I love the Gospel!!!
We sadly also had an experience kind of like Reed had this week with not listening to the spirit, but not quite to the extent of his. We had been invited to a fiesta of 3 of our investigators on Sat. night (EVERYONE has fiestas every Sat. night) and felt like we shouldn't go, but they really wanted us to so we did. Well, we got there and one of them was very drunk (he's about a 50 year old man) and kept trying to hug us and kept telling us "I love you, I love you so much". It was a bad experience with all of them. It breaks my heart to see that. They were so good ( Or so we thought), but alcohol, grrrrr! I hate HATE that dumb liquid. It ruins people and destroys families. So sad. So we left after about 20 minutes of the spirit nagging at us and both felt really bad afterwards that we went. Nothing really bad happened, but we went against the spirit and lost it temporarlily as a result. I never want to experience that feeling again. It's awful. Like Reed said, always listen to those small promptings, no matter how small and no matter if you don't completly understand why. the lord will always bless you when you do.
SO tonight I find out tonight about everything- where I'll be going or if i'll be staying, who my new comp is, etc. I have so many mixed feelings about it and I'm glad the Lord picks and not me. I really want to stay in Maywood becasue we have these great people that I know will be baptized soon, but at the same time I really want to serve in the VC before it closes in April. AAA! Whatever the Lord wants I'll be happy about and I'll do it! The suspense is killing me though! I'm glad he decides and I don't have to cause I don't know what I would do. I'll let you know soon!
All day tomorrow we have a huge meeting with all the mission -ALL the mission, english and spanish, and starting Wed. everything is going to change. It should be fun fun!
You want to know what's wierd, I come home in a year from this month! My release date is Feb. 20 2008- Before you know it I will have less than a year. I need to work harder!! I love being a missionary though. I love it so much! This is the Lord's work and it's such a privlege to be a part of it. I started reading Jesus The Christ and it is amazing. You all should read it! Anyways, this is really long so I'll let you go.

LOTS OF LOVE, Hermana Crosby ps- they call my misison the CLAM -
California Los Angeles Misison

No comments: